Millcreek Behavioral Health offers comprehensive residential treatment and education programs for children and teens struggling with mental and behavioral health issues, developmental disorders, and addiction.
Psychiatric Residential Treatment Program Overview
Learn about our psychiatric residential treatment program at Millcreek Behavioral Health
At Millcreek Behavioral Health, we offer a psychiatric residential treatment facility (PRTF) that provides children and adolescents struggling with psychiatric difficulties the perfect environment in which to thrive. We treat children, adolescents, and teens ages 6 through 17, separating them into different groups based upon age and gender. Our program offers each resident the chance to address key issues related to their diagnoses while providing the dignity, care, respect, and support needed for success.
Types of Treatment
Treatments and therapies offered in our psychiatric residential treatment program
After a comprehensive evaluation including a diagnostic evaluation, medical assessment, and psychiatric evaluation, a master treatment program plan will be created for each child using an individualized approach to care. Treatment at our psychiatric residential program is administered by highly-trained psychiatrists, psychiatric professionals, pediatricians, a neuropsychologist, speech therapist, nurses, educational therapists, and recreation therapists alongside many other trained medical professionals. Our multidisciplinary treatment approach to our programs makes use of a cognitive-behavioral team approach to care with the intention of reunifying the child with their family. The residential treatment experience involves the following:
- Individual therapy is provided once a week
- Family therapy is offered at least twice a month; family visitation is set up with regular visits home
- Group therapy is held three times a week and covers a number of topics
- Case management is provided to help the family and child reintegrate back into the home environment and community
- Medication management is monitored at least once a week
- Specialized school environment; held Monday through Friday
- Recreational therapy includes art therapy, gym, and other activities
Areas of emphasis in the master treatment program plan include:
- Increasing self-esteem
- Mood stabilization
- Development of adaptive coping mechanisms
- Minimization of negative behaviors
- Improving interpersonal relationship with family, peers, and loved ones
For those in need of behavioral programming, pharmacological intervention, higher degrees of supervision, and specialized training in adaptive skills, we also offer more intensive treatment and programs.